Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday...we made it...

The end of the school/work week and the beginning of the weekend is upon us. I have been blogging and reading blogs diligently to get the hang of it....there are some amazing writers out there. Being a great writer is something that I have always aspired to....obviously still working towards it...hee hee.

Today is a busy Friday and I am procrastinating doing my work...I have lots of admin/type stuff to work on today and my house looks like it is inhabited by children and no adults. How do you get them to pick up after themselves? I always wonder. I have some girlfriends whose houses are immaculate....how do they do that? Inbetween work, school, feeding the aliens ( I mean kids), being the laundry lady, hugs and kisses.....how do you fit it all in? I tried the FlyLady---works if you are a stay-at-home mom with nothing better to do than clean the house--I don't know if those types of mom's actually exist. Plus they inundate you with emails---too much for me. I can spend hours cleaning the house and once the kids get home from school it all is a waste.....calgon take me away!

Well, that is my rant for today. Anyone have any ideas of how to actually get your kids to clean their rooms (and pick up after themselves) without bribery, yelling or watching their every move? Any ideas are welcome....

No comments: